News & Announcements...
NC Paddle Trails
The mission of the N.C.
Paddle Trails Association is to empower communities in the local
development, maintenance and restoration of paddle trails in North
Carolina thereby nurturing economically and environmentally sustainable
The success of hiking and biking trails in attracting new users
motivates NCPTA to mirror that approach in growing paddlesports in
pursuit of its goals:
- Work with the state of North Carolina to
provide infrastructure for local paddling initiatives to develop,
maintain, restore and promote paddle trails.
- Support continued development of
electronic and hard copy trail maps.
- Help meet informational needs of
paddlers and paddling organizations.
- Coordinate use and access to public
Provide statewide representation on issues related to the
development, use and management of paddle trails.
- Improve economic and environmentally
sustainable communities through paddle trails.
- Provide state-wide support for paddle
trail development at the local level.
Flash Photos courtesy
Tom Potter & Jim Wei